The lovely Simm from http://thedatingritual.com graciously allowed me to steal this idea from her. A list of 40 things I want to do before I turn 40! I’ll stop in and cross things off as they occur. So, in no particular order, here is my list:
- Learn to speak French
- Spend a week with my oldest friend in Scandinavia
- Visit the Eiffel Tower
- Drive across the country
- Take my children on a vacation, just the 3 of us
- Finalize my divorce
- Learn how to do all of the great old-timey dances: jitterbug, swing, Lindy-Hop, etc.
- Take a cruise
- Take my daughter to visit Japan
- Make a six-figure salary (hey – how else am I gonna afford all this cool stuff?)
- Have my dream car again – blue VW new Beetle
Dance, semi-clothed, in front of an audience
- Visit the catacombs underneath Rome
- Complete at least one of the Man vs. Food challenges
- See a show on Broadway
Ski or snowboard
- Visit Washington DC
Fall in love.And out. And back again
- Visit the pyramids in Egypt
- Visit Machu Picchu (so I can get my obligatory picture for my dating profile!)
Have a torrid vacation romance Plan and execute the ultimate bachelorette party
- Try stand-up comedy
- Take the Alcatraz night tour
- Go to Hawaii and visit an island other than Oahu
- Try speed dating
- White water rafting
- Tour colleges with my daughter, even if they’re far away
- Participate in an urban scavenger hunt
Take some sexy, yet tasteful photos. Ones that are sizzling hot but won’t embarrass my kids if they google me.
- Try one of those early morning boot camp things
- Give up caffeine for a week
- Get back down to my high school weight. And keep it there.
- Michelle Obama arms
- Run the Bay to Breakers. Seriously.
- Run the Bay to Breakers. Un-seriously. In costume. With a flask.
- Rent a small cabin on a river and stay there by myself for at least a few days. No cell phone. No tv. Just me, my thoughts and a few bottles of wine.
- Mardi Gras in New Orleans